Ingredients (Serves 4)
Arborio Rice 400 g
Pumpkin 500 g
Garlic 1 clove
Fresh Vegetable Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
The broth is an important element in the risotto. For the pumpkin risotto, we recommend a fresh homemade vegetable broth.
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Brown the pumpkin in the frying pan over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the onion and garlic in small pieces and brown it with little olive oil.
- Once soft, add the rice to the pan and start cooking the rice by adding the vegetable broth, one ladle at a time. Continue stirring at all times.
- Once the broth is absorbed and rice is almost cooked, add the Parmesan cheese along with a few grinds of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with a dash of olive oil.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.