Summer in Mumbai this year has been hot and humid, the sun has been strong and the markets full of aromatic spices and fresh produce. We spent a particularly sunny weekend outside making a simple Moroccan Lime and Sea Salt pickle, adding green chillies to this timeless combo, and putting our DHATUKA glass jars to good use !
12-15 Green Chillies
100 gm approx. Sea Salt
1. Wash a large glass jar with an air tight lid and let it dry under the sun until all the moisture has evaporated.
2. Wash and dry the lime and chillies.
3. Make 2 diagonal cuts on each lime, and a long cut in the chillies without going all the way through
4. Pack as much sea salt as you can in between the cuts.
5. Fill the jar, making sure to use up as much space as possible.
6. Sprinkle a few drops of water and cover with the air tight lid.
7. Keep the jar in a cool dark place for 5 days and then in direct sunlight for 2 days until its ready.